Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ranting Me

I am writing back after my 4 years hiatus from blogging. Has blogging become archaic? It sure sounds like it has! I think I will start referring to this as journaling instead. Journaling my creativity, this is until I find a Fonzie (you sure remember Arthur Fonzarelli aka Fonzie from the sitcom “Happy Days”) among words.

While I marinate my brains with innovative ideas to churn out thought provoking entries for journaling, I want to share some of my traits and how they have been shaping up in the last four years. This is with hopes of having you to revisit my journal.

  • Narrating, this has been suffering from a writer’s block until today when I have written this and you are reading it.
  • Giving back to the community, this is some thing, which has never been able to take flight. It’s true that you can never have a sentence with the words “giving” and “Gujarati”. But I am “Jain” and I believe in its dictum of “intense penance”. I will continue to starve in my trivial life to one day attain “Moksha” by delivering code to the open source community.
  • Intellectual Calculus, this is still in its prenatal stage, I did buy a Rubic cube a couple of months ago but haven’t yet been able to complete it.
  • Social-ability, my DNA lacks all traces of the Social chemical. I am not on Facebook, never heard of MySpace and my Orkut has been dormant (more like Abhishek Bacchans acting career). Social Networking is just a waste of creativity. But I plan to use to advertise my return to Journaling.
  • Time Traveling, this has nothing to do with traveling in time but more with traveling from time to time. This desire stems more from the need to satiate my thirst for photography than from the need to reach out to new life forms and new civilization.




The map and the blue markers (courtesy Google Map) mark the places I have traveled to in the last 6 or 7 years. It was when putting this together, it dawned on me that I have traveled to the furthest point in the East and in the West (for the Geography scraper its Japan in the East and California in the West). WOW. How many of you have had this privilege?

To put this travel chronologically:

2003: Goa
2004: Hyderabad / Secunderabad
2004: Bhubhaneshwar
2005: Bengalure
2006: Noida / Delhi
2006: Japan
2007: Mumbai
2008: Malaysia
2008: Singapore
2008: Qatar
2009: Rajkot
2009: New York
2009: California
2009: Mumbai

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

California in 2009 huh? You should have mailed me..
-Deepak

Unknown said...

To the "Anonymous" and to the "Reader from Greece": Thanks for reading my journal and for leaving a comment. I hope i can keep you interested.

To Deepak: It was a busy business trip. The next time i am there we will plan something.