Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unusual Titles

The other day, I was browsing through some of my old clicks and paused to look at this one:

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

This is a two year old picture that I shot using my Canon S2 IS

I looked at it and a famous movie quote from the move The Godfather crossed my mind “I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse”.

I would say this would be a very unusual title for this picture. If you think about it, marriage is indeed a type of an offer a man would make to a woman or a woman would make to man, explicitly or implicitly.

This drove me to work on this project, a project to create more of such picture, more of such unusual titles and all titles derived from famous movies quotes.

The Terminator: I'll be back.

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

Leave’s way of telling us to wait for the Spring.

Top Gun: I feel the need …the need for speed

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

Time (Clocks) has maintained a constant speed since its inception. I wonder if they ever feel the need for speed.

Apollo 13: Houston, we have a problem

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

When in trouble, man will bend his knee in front of the all mighty. 

Jerry Maguire: Show me the money

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

If you have ever stumbled upon or if you wish to stumble upon an ancient cryptic map, you would always wish it would lead you to some unfathomable wealth. What would you say when it delivers you to a large rock with ancient inscriptions deep into the thickest forest of the world?


From this point forward, I started Googling for movie quotes.

The Matrix: “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” 

© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

The red pill here is referring to drinking alcohol and the blue pill is not consuming any. I do believe alcohol has powers to drive you through the wonderland, when consumed just enough to qualify.

American History X: One in every three black males is in some phase of the correctional system. Is that a coincidence or do these people have, you know, like a racial commitment to crime?


© Copyright for this pictures belong to Atit Shah. Please email me for permissions.

For the lack of better quote on racism. 

No matter the time or place, there always exists hatred for “not my people” at some level. We will always be prejudice to “our people”.

The different colored lights represent the different skin color, figuratively.


If you have similar ideas for a photograph and a famous movie quote for a title, send them to me and I will try to click and post them in continuation to this entry. 

No comments: