Tuesday, February 11, 2014

#100HappyDays

Stirred by the #100HAPPYDAYS fad on social media, I thought of doing my own version of “Happy Days”. My version is just a list and the list includes things that make me and probably many others happy but none willing to admit it. 

Here goes the list, in no particular order:


  1. Witnessing someone (except family) fall 
    • A portly middle aged woman fell off her chair at McDonalds. Did I help her? No I was busy trying to camouflage my laughter with a serious look of concern
  2. Witnessing someone (including family) walking into something with minor or no injuries
    • Swati, my wife, and I were walking a hotel corridor, I walked through the glass door and she walked into the glass door-frame. 
  3. When a friend (I am not too happy of having) fails or loses money or is ridiculed by other  friends
  4. When my wife fights with her mother
  5. When I find something valuable or usable abandoned
    • Canon Rebel T3i at a farm – Sumit returned it under pressure of morality from Asha and Minaxi 
    • iPod Nano in a sandpit – Swati wouldn’t pick it (didn’t stop another kid)
  6. Complete power or network or application outage at work making my ideal time official and justified
  7. Completing a level of Candy Crush Saga in one play. Euphoric when two. Nirvana if anyone has a 3 stars
  8. Discovering and exploiting system and process flaws, paid lower 
    • Train fares
    • Courier fees
    • Bus usage charges
    • Once at a particular retail store
    • Several times at this one toll plaza
      [For privacy reason my partners in crime haven’t been disclosed] 
        
Do you have a confession? 
Leave a comment. 

No comments: