Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Retrospection calls for Renovation

“I am not as funny as I thought”… this is my humility telling me after a retrospection of my journal entries. I had initiated this blog in 2004, a time when I was feeling low and had an insolent outlook to the industry that bought me my daily bread. At the time, I thought I would pen laughable entries on the quirkiness of the industry and the world but now when I look back at the entries I made after reviving it, I fail to find a reason to laugh.

Considering the original theme, I had two things right, the name of my blog “Laughter Inc” and the title “Lifes all ha ha he he”. Now these are misnomers and I need to find a more apt name and a title.

Being an advocate of crediting individual artistic creativity it is very wrong of me to use the title that in a way belong to Meera Sayal. Meera actually has a novel and a mini-series “Life Isn’t all Ha Ha Hee Hee”. I altered this to suit my needs. This is not very artistic of me.

This gives me two reasons, misnomer and possible copyright violation, to rename and renovate my journal.

My journal entries do not seem to follow any one theme – they are an assortment of my ideas, my thoughts, and may be my travel. My entries are around topics that my brain can creatively sew.

Here is a list of names that I think, reflect my journal and are more fitting:
  1. Thought Factory (my most preferred)
  2. Brain Splatters
  3. Light Bulb Ideas
  4. Creative Scribbles

And a list of titles include:
  1. My hearts passion is my brains playground (my most preferred)
  2. When the wheel of ideas spin
  3. Brains sauteed in Art, Design and IT

I wish to change these on April 1st. Until then I would highly appreciate it if you can either vote for any of my options or make your own suggestions. When you make a suggestion, it will imply that you are also giving me the permissions to use it.

Use the following poll to post your recommendations:

Name(URL) for my blog/journal

Title for my blog/journal

No comments: