Monday, April 18, 2011

Behind the new logo

I need to thank all my voters, who are probably my frequent readers, for voting on the poll for a new name and tag line for my journal. With your help, I have been able to do away with plagiarism and reinstate the creative honor of my journal.

“Laughter Inc” – “Lifes All Ha Ha He He” has been changed from:



To “A Thought Factory” – “My hearts passion is my minds playground”:




I had to add the “A” to the original name because the winner name has been wasted by another blogger.
As all my ideas have been a stroke of genius, the idea for the logo too was a lightning bolt, which struck me while I sat alone in a hotel room in San Jose. I first scanned through all the symbol fonts available in Word and narrowed down to using the circular arrows and the head of a man.



The circular arrows which represent “O”: symbolizes the process of churning thoughts and ideas
The tall “t” and the “~ (tilde)”: symbolizes the exhaust of a factory. In this case, it is the burning and polishing of my thoughts
The head: symbolizes a man with a head and a heart. It is the storehouse of raw unprocessed ideas that will be processed by the factory
The open mouth: symbolizes the outlet for the creative ideas which make up my journal

The current trend for logos is to have them simple and small, but I like to swim against the current and have made mine large.

The explanation of the tag line is quite implicit: My mind gives my many passions a spin that results in innovative ideas that gives me a higher level of self-contentment.

Again, thank you all for your participation in the poll. Appreciate it.

2 comments:

filibuster said...

Hey the logo looks great. The ideation behind it is much better.

Unknown said...

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for leaving behind a comment and appreciating the logo.

regards
Atit